Friday, June 23, 2006

Prey: The Demo

Things I like about Prey:
1) Seeing what I could interact with in the bar was probably the most fun I had in the game. Then it was just shooting bad guys, which was slightly boring.
2) Watching your friends getting sucked up by aliens was interesting. Then you get sucked up and then I'm like "woah, that's neato."
3) Those dimension space portals. They're neat to look at.
4) Spirit mode was a little interesting... And I like walking around in an Indian canyon instead of being inside somebody's stomach with aliens and monsters shooting at me.

Things that were copied from Half-Life:
1) The wrench. It's basically the crowbar from half-life. ...And the crowbar was copied from the fist in some ancient First Person Shooter. And the fist was copied from the kick in Duke Nukem. (and I am aware the crowbar is not exclusive to Half-Life, it is a valid object to use in any game.)
2) The Pods; those things that carry you around the alien space ship when you're captured, yeah, those things were from the citadel in HL2.
3) The fact that you can pick up little alien bugs and use them as grenades? They did that in Half-Life 1.
4) Those aliens that materialize out of nowhere through portals? Those are like the vortigaunts in half-life 1.
5) The little dog things that wanna eat your brains? Those are like the sonic wave puppies in half-life 1.
6) ...There are aliens.

Things I don't like about Prey:
1) The characters look like they're plastic shiny models with food wrap all over their skin. And they're not modeled THAT GREAT anyway.
2) Did they have to make it so that the aliens heads can fly off when you shoot them? I don't see how the game is better this way.
3) Everything looks like the intestines of somebody's stomach (while also being unbelievably shiny). It's an unsettling feeling. (But that's probably what they were going for).

...I...didn't really like it.

The Prey Demo: 7.0/10.00

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6/28/2006 10:14 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

You forget the gravity walls...

 
At 6/30/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

No I didn't. I didnt really "Like" them, or "hate" them, or think they were "that cool." So I guess I left them out.

 
At 7/06/2006 11:09 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

so i guess it wasn't copied from half-life two

 

Post a Comment

<< Home