Sunday, July 30, 2006

Studio Ghibli

Loved it:
Spirited Away - Probably cuz it was one of the first animes I ever saw by Ghibli.

Was Good:
Nausicaa of Valley... - I couldn't really follow the whole story. But it had some really awesome music.
Porco Rosso - Fun.
The Cat Returns - Funny.

Couldn't fully like it:
Princess Mononoke - They fought. Guns are evil. Nature is good.
Castle in the Sky - Ancient prophecies, lost lands, princesses and evil bad guys! Hidden meaning!
Kiki's Delivery Service - Stuff happens. The cat is cool though. So is the dog.

Didn't see the point:
My Neighbor Totoro - 2 Kids find magical beings that do magic stuff and they smile alot and scream. ...I was bored.

Every Ghibli movie I watch, the more I notice they recycle ideas. I keep seeing the same characters everywhere...

Next up! PIXAR!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7/31/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger ifedajay said...

wheee!!

I liked My Neighbor Totoro. But now that I think about it...they didn't really accomplish much in the movie.
However!!, I absolutely loved the human personality traits in the movies. They were so accurately portrayed and drawn. That was one good thing.

 
At 7/31/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

Gloria Said: However!!, I absolutely loved the human personality traits in the movies.

What Human personality traits?

They all just kept laughing, screaming, smiling, and going crazy the whole movie.
And every time they saw a magical being, they would go, "ooooWoooh!"

And if little sister copying big sister is a realistic personality trait, it's annoying anyway.

I sound grumpy.

 
At 7/31/2006 7:32 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Actually, it was very realistic...and not just the copying.

Remember the boy kept saying hmph!
and...

I can't remember anything else...but I didn't like the mother.

Oh, yeah...and the little girl saying "she's so mean!" that was great!

 
At 8/01/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

I'm only responding because you told me to. :DDDDDDDDDD

I thought most of the dialogue was annoying, whether it be realistic or not.

And "She's so mean!"
I dont know...

 
At 8/03/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Onesimus said...

so, um... Howl's Moving Castle?

 
At 8/03/2006 11:31 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

I forgot about that one...

It would go in the "Was Good" Category.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home