Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Call of Juarez

I liked this game. Sort of.

Ray
---------------------------------------------
Ray's mission was pretty straightforward and not too exciting. The graphics are pretty good, but Half-Life is still better in the character animation department.
The mission was fairly standard FPS except for the Bullet Time feature, where you draw your guns and kill people in a split second. I thought it was pretty cool but they probably copied it from some other recent FPS but I don't play many FPS's so I'll never know.
But it was cool. >:]

And thanks to the sequence in the barn, I now know that Physics puzzles are not cool.

The Draw-Your-Gun-Before-The-Other-Guy-&-Kill-Him fight was cool, but I thought it was kind of out of context.
------------------------------------------------

Billy
-----------------------------------------------
Billy's mission was 5x better than Ray's.

Sneaking through the forest and a wolf attacks you? That was pretty cool/scary.
Sneaking through the guy's house and stealing a horse? That was pretty fun. Alot of Quick Saving and Loading though.

Riding the horse across the wilderness? Fun! Different gameplay styles are good. I liked riding horses, sneaking around, doing bullet time, swinging on whips, and doing some cool movie style sequences. But when they had the standard "Kill Bad Guys" in Ray's mission, I thought it was boring. And that was pretty much what I perceived PREY to be. Standard KILL BAD GUYS, with a couple of nifty features, and a puzzle here or there.
-------------------------------------------------

Overall, I thought Ray's mission (TOWN) was average/okay. Billy's mission (HORSE-RIDING) was good/great.

Total Score: 8.6

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger endeavor said...

I'd like to ride a horse in a game. Sounds fun.

 
At 8/07/2006 9:23 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Finally, I'm here!! :) Ok...

I have no clue who Ray is or Billy...but I'm guessing they're both indians??

"I liked riding horses, sneaking around" hehehe

Standard Bad Guys on sale for $19.95 only 10 more left!!

Ok, what is a Standard Bad Guy? Oh, nevermind..."Standard Kill Bad Guys"

I don't think you can make games without "bad guys"...

 
At 8/08/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

Ifedajay said: "I have no clue who Ray is or Billy...but I'm guessing they're both indians??"
Ray is an old preacher church man who wants to kill Billy because Billy supposedly killed his brother, (or something like that).
Billy is an Indian who is running away from Ray.

Ifedajay said: "Ok, what is a Standard Bad Guy? Oh, nevermind..."Standard Kill Bad Guys" ...
I don't think you can make games without "bad guys"... "

Here's what I mean about that statement. There is a bad guy. You must shoot him or die. Usually there is some cover nearby or some rushing to do. Usually, you just aim your crosshair and fire before you die.

I'm just getting bored of that. Shooting bad guys in the same style, the same way, and with the same result, over and over until you beat the game. But that's why Billy's mission was good. It involved more sneaking and thinking than just shooting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home