Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Top 10 Most Influental Games (In My Life)

(In Chronological Order)

# 1 - Snake
Snake - a simple game, probably one of the first I ever played.

# 2 - Jetpack
I could waste hours in jetpack, playing, building levels, randomizing plays, versus mode, or all that stuff.

# 3 - Command & Conquer
This game was basically fun at its core. You build stuff. You destroy stuff. And that was fun.

# 4 - The Secret of Monkey Island
I have never laughed so much in a game since TSoMI. It was my first "real" adventure game, and will always remain my favorite.

# 5 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past introduced me to the epic quest. The game was so long; the world was so huge; the items were so plentiful; the dungeons were so menacing; the story was so epic; and the game was great.

# 6 - Transport Tycoon, Theme Hospital, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim Tower, Dune & Millennium: Return to Earth
Strategy games for some reason are just fun. You don't need a story; you don't need characters; all you need is great gameplay, and that's what these games delivered.

# 7 - Final Fantasy VI
I had always heard of Final Fantasy, but I never really knew what it was, or what it was about. I finally picked up FF3 (a.k.a. FF 6 a.k.a. FF VI) and started to play it. The combat system confused me and I had no idea what to do. After trying to play it for the third or fourth time, I finally stuck with it and played it all the way through. I don't think I'll ever play another game that has the same emotional impact that you get from the story, the characters, and the game world.

# 8 - America's Army
Everyone gets their start in the first-person-shooter somewhere. The first FPS I happened to play also happened to be the first competitive online game I ever played. Since then, gaming has meant a different thing to me. Multiplayer was just as, or more important than single-player.

# 9 - Half-Life 2
Every once in awhile a game comes out that totally redefines what a game can be. First you had text-adventures; then you had 16 color pixels; then you had 256 VGA; then you had Super VGA; then you had 3D; and then you had Half-Life 2.

This game just blew my mind away from the opening monologue, and continued to shatter my brain throughout the rest of the game. I didn't even know those things were possible in a game, yet I was playing it.

# 10 - Counter-Strike: Source
Some games are just so fun, and so ridiculous, that it doesn't matter if it's a good game, or a bad game. Counter-Strike is one of those games.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2023 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anthracite Aime said...

Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home