Monday, September 24, 2007

The Golden Compass (BOOK)

This book was okay. The story was interesting, but not particularly captivating, and yet somewhat predictable. The most interesting character is the bear and when he was introduced that was the most interesting part of the story.

It seemed to me they didn't fully utilize the elements of the story and set them into action until the middle of the book, those elements being the golden compass, the Daemons, and whatever else was in this world. And you know the story would somehow get this girl to the North when they introduced it in chapter 2. I was just waiting for random events to throw her there, and I was like, oh it finally happens in chapter 10.

It wasn't a bad book, but it wasn't very good either. I think I might've liked it when I was 12, or maybe 13.

The Golden Compass
7.2/10.0

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10/04/2007 11:35 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

waa waa waa

 
At 10/05/2007 8:52 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

Get away from me you evil person! Or at least post something relevant!

 
At 10/08/2007 12:06 AM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Evil person???!! :((((((((

Um, I think that um tha Golden Compass um like ya know...j/k!

I get what u mean by knowing the ending of the story...like waiting for it to just happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home