Thursday, December 13, 2007

Games that I played in 2007

It would be impossible for me to compile a list of the best games of 2007, considering I have only played about 1/15 of the major contenders. I will however, compile a list of the best games I played in 2007 (some of which are about 5 years old), which was actually a pretty good year for good games.
Starting off:


# 7 - Trauma Center: Second Opinion ::
I probably have more fun in Trauma Center than Crysis, but for something's sake, it has the number seven spot.
# 6 - Crysis :: Crysis - a fun, buggy, clunky experience that tries to imitate Halo and Half-Life and succeeds in most respects.
# 5 - Halo: Combat Evolved :: Yes, I played Halo 1 for the first time this year. It is a very good and fun game, though not on the same level as Half-Life.
# 4 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess :: A standalone game, this is one of the finest masterpieces you can ever play. As a continuation of the Zelda series, it's a boring, repetitive cycle of an overused formula beaten into game form yet again.
# 3 - Half-Life²: Episode Two :: Episode two contains the very best of the half-life formula to date, despite that fact that it's a 3 year old formula and only a small segment of a larger story.
# 2 - Resident Evil 4 :: Despite its problems, RE4 is a very, very fun game although it gets dragged on for too long.
# 1 - Portal :: Portal is just fantastic and the best thing I have played in a long, long time.

All of these games were actually pretty good. To sum up:

Portal > Re4 > HL²:Ep.2 > LoZ:TP > Halo > Crysis > Trauma Center

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/13/2007 3:34 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Trauma Center!!
I wanna play Theme Hospital *sigh*

 
At 12/13/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

I only played 7 (single player) games this year!

That's not a lot. Man...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home