Thursday, April 24, 2008

LOST - Season 4 - Ep 09

I think I know why I haven't been liking LOST this season that much:
1) You basically know what's going to happen since the season opener, and you were waiting for this showdown the whole time. All the in-between episodes just felt like they were killing time and prolonging the real story progression towards the REAL showdown. (Yes, I'm aware LOST is infamous for killing time and prolonging one subplot four times the length it should be, but it seems oh so more evident this season since nothing much is happening.)
Now that this showdown is finally over, I want to watch where it's going from here, because I really have no idea.
2) The mystery element has been lessened over time so you basically have an overview idea of who is good, who is bad, and what they want. This makes the filler even more unbearable since you're not looking for as many clues.

But that being said, I think tonight's episode was the best of the season by far. By the end of the episode, it really puts the whole show in kind of an epic story arc that is finally being revealed. And, it actually backed up this guy's crazy theory I read last month which now seems totally true. I could link to it, but I won't.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4/27/2008 1:37 AM, Blogger ifedajay said...

hmmm i don't think i'm gonna catch up anytime soon...maybe i will over the summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home